Sugar Development - Advanced (multi-day class)
Register and attend this class to receive a free Certification Voucher valid towards the Certified Sugar Developer exam (a $225 value)!
This course explores the Sugar developer customization and implementation topics and related skills most relevant to Sugar Implementations. The Advanced Developer course builds upon your general knowledge of the Sugar development framework by introducing additional advanced techniques that can be applied to a range of common customization requests. The course also explores general Sugar implementation concepts and techniques such as design patterns, troubleshooting, coding best practices, integration strategies and team development.
What you'll learn:
- Course Overview: Course organization and goals, attendee technical Q&A
- Developer Certification Overview: Developer Certification exam guidance
- Advanced Sidecar Customization: Utilizing key namespaces. Working with bean.js, Underscore.js and Backbone.js methods
- Field Customizations: Sidecar field customizations, custom field types, Sugar Logic and extensions
- Custom Filters: Developing custom filters in multiple contexts
- Extensible Security: Extending visibility filtering and ACL security
- Server-Side Skills: Additional techniques with Sugar Bean, Logic Hooks and the REST API
- Debugging and Troubleshooting: Front and backend debugging tools and techniques
- Coding Best Practices: Project design concepts, database management, writing unit tests
- Integration: Co-existing integration strategies, integration patterns, integration components
- Sugar Team Development: Agile development. Code review, test and QA phases